Sunday 1 June 2014

Loughborough pottery market


A few weekends ago I was lucky enough to have the chance to visit the annual pottery market in the market place in Loughborough. It was a veritable blast of colour, a whirlwind of activity, bunting abounded, the atmosphere was electric and it was a truly inspirational experience!  

I was quite overwhelmed by the sheer number of stalls, mostly selling pottery, but not exclusively, as there was a small selection of food, drink and plants. I was also quite surprised by the number of local craftsmen who were present …

Of course, I couldn’t resist buying a few things, and I would post some photos of what I bought, but most of them are for presents and the event hasn’t arrived yet, so that would spoil the surprise for my recipients. Instead, I’ll show you a few pictures of what the event was like, and give you a few links to the people who were showing their wares. Do bear in mind though that I went just before people were closing up, so although there don’t look to be many people around, actually it was a very busy event.

Sue Barton
Lindsey Thomas
 
 

Simon Shaw
 
Lynne Fox 






 
Steve & Sandra Smith

Michael Redmond



Barbara Butterworth

 
Guy Routledge

Zoe Petrie

http://www.zoepetrie.co.uk/
Martin Shackleton



 
Ben Brierley







I also picked up a few leaflets detailing future events, including the Loughborough craft trail, and some events a bit further afield.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this post interesting or have any questions about any of the information in it do please leave a comment below. In order to answer your question, I must publish your query here, and then respond to it here. If your information is private or sensitive, and you don't wish to have it on public display, it might be a better idea to email me using the address which is on the About Me page, using the usual substitutions. Thanks for reading the blog.