Sunday 28 June 2015

Out and about

Well, I finally dropped my camera one too many times :(  Those of you who know me will know that I take that trusty steed with me everywhere I go, eager to snap sights of local interest, or odd things from odd angles, and as I don't have a phone with much capacity (well, it is 7 years old!) I need a camera to do this!

The most major slip was blindly putting the poor thing down on a chair after listening to "76 trombones" at the recent Hathern Band and Loughborough Male Voice Choir concert. Only I didn't. Didn't put it down on the chair, that is. I actually put it down the gap between the two chairs, and quite frankly it's never been the same since! I've persevered though, taking pics of things in broad daylight that have come out as though they've been taken in the darkest of nights, but the odd one has come out and I thought I'd got away with it.

However, yesterday we had a 21st birthday in the family, and I didn't want to take the risk of not being able to have some snaps to remember the occasion by, so I bit the bullet and went out and bought a new camera. I wanted something simple: they don't make such things. It seems to work, but my youngest child has already discovered it has more features than a flock of sheep. Way beyond my capabilities!

Anyway, this blog is not supposed to be my personal diary, but this week has been another very busy one which has seen me whoop for joy at my daughter's degree success, cheer loudly at my youngest's last ever concert with Senior Brass Ensemble at De Montfort Hall, breathe a huge sigh of relief when the team away day at work went off without a hitch, spend my day off work in Newport Pagnell learning about process improvement (for work, I hasten to add), welcome back the eldest for the weekend, celebrate my middle child's 21st birthday with a lovely meal at The Plough in Normanton-on-Soar, listen to my youngest's concert with the Junior Conservatoire Wind Orchestra in Adrian Boult Hall in Birmingham, and nearly forget to take him to Birstall tonight to play with Hathern Band in the Gala!

Oh, and I'm still trying to get to grips with this new camera!

I will do better next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this post interesting or have any questions about any of the information in it do please leave a comment below. In order to answer your question, I must publish your query here, and then respond to it here. If your information is private or sensitive, and you don't wish to have it on public display, it might be a better idea to email me using the address which is on the About Me page, using the usual substitutions. Thanks for reading the blog.