Sunday 13 May 2018

Exhibitions and the ceramics market

Last week I popped along to a launch event for some research that has been done on St Paul's church in Woodhouse Eaves, in celebration of the reparations made to the chancel.

It was a lovely event, which kicks off a whole series of events focussed on the church - walks, talks and displays - starting at the beginning of June and running through until the end of August. As well as the scheduled events, the church have also created a self-guided trail, leaflets for which are out and about the area. I've blogged in the past about the connection between the architect of many works on the Garendon Estate, and if you manage to get along to St Paul's church, you will find another connection.

You can find out a bit more about the project on the St Paul's Heritage website, and below is a taster of what to expect:








Back in Loughborough, I managed to go along to the annual ceramics market, and what a joy that was! There seemed to be many more stalls than the last time I went, and I was so tempted by all the gorgeous work for sale. Here are a few pictures from the market:









You are welcome to quote passages from any of my posts, with appropriate credit. The correct citation for this looks as follow:


Dyer, Lynne (2018). Exhibitions and the ceramics market. Available fromhttps://lynneaboutloughborough.blogspot.com/2018/05/exhibitions-and-ceramics-market.html   [Accessed 13 May 2018]

Take down policy:
I post no pictures that are not my own, unless I have express permission so to do. All text is my own, and not copied from any other information sources, printed or electronic, unless identified and credited as such. If you find I have posted something in contravention of these statements, or if there are photographs of you which you would prefer not to be here, please contact me at the address listed on the About Me page, and I will remove these.
Thank you for reading this blog. 


Lynne

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Thanks Lynne, especially as I had to miss the market. Your post makes me doubly sad that I did, but determined to catch it next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding and reading the blog and taking the time to comment, Christine. Sorry you had to miss the market this year, especially as it was quite extensive and varied. Hopefully you'll be able to attend next year! Lynne

      Delete

If you have found this post interesting or have any questions about any of the information in it do please leave a comment below. In order to answer your question, I must publish your query here, and then respond to it here. If your information is private or sensitive, and you don't wish to have it on public display, it might be a better idea to email me using the address which is on the About Me page, using the usual substitutions. Thanks for reading the blog.